Founded in 2008 by Garry Howell, New Era Lighting have been to the fore as one of Ireland’s leading suppliers of quality lighting products working on some of the most prestigious projects.
We are specialists in architectural lighting and we work with some of the worlds leading and well known lighting brands. We strive to create the very best lighting effect for the task in hand.
We listen carefully and engage with our clients to achieve the best possible result for their project. We are passionate about what we do and we know what good lighting design looks like. Our clients and projects are diverse and range from Commercial, Retail, Pharmaceutical, Industrial, Ecclesiastical, Urban & Public Realm. We have experience working on international projects in the UK, UAE, Pakistan & New Zealand. In an ever changing environment of trends and new technology, we take great pride in our ability to deliver a professional and positive customer friendly experience to our clients coupled with our strong ethos for supplying quality products in tandem with our unrivalled creative & innovative design expertise.
MY JOURNEY WITH NEW ERA LIGHTING
I started out on my journey in the electrical industry in 1996 with GEC (Edmundson Electrical) in the old Hendrick Street building in Dublin 7. At that time, the construction industry in Ireland was in the early days of the Celtic Tiger boom that was to follow.
At GEC, I developed a keen interest in the lighting division of their business and after a year of cutting my teeth at GEC, I then had the opportunity to move on and work for Erco Lighting where I spent a further 10 years. Working for Erco was a fantastic education in Lighting and it stood me in good stead for my eventual progression to starting my own business. Starting out in February 2008 little did I know what was to come down the tracks!
Those early years were very scary times to be starting up a new business however on reflection, it was probably one of the greatest educations in business one could ever have. From our early years to now we have been extremely lucky to have worked on some of the most prestigious projects in Ireland from Apple’s HQ in Cork to the Zoo in Dublin.
We have also worked on many international projects in the UK, UAE, Pakistan & New Zealand. We count ourselves extremely lucky to have worked with some of the best Architects, Interior Designers, Consulting Engineers & Clients who have placed their trust in us to deliver a professional & customer friendly experience from conception stage to handover.
Over the 25 years that I have worked in the lighting industry, the past 13 years have been without question the most fluid & dynamic with the emergence of LED technology to the forefront. With the global impact of carbon emissions, careful selection of quality LED lighting equipment coupled with top quality lighting design has never been so important.
At New Era Lighting, we work with some of the leading brands in Lighting who only use the very latest and best quality LED technology. Our skillset of disciplines are diverse ranging from Industrial, Pharmaceutical, Office, Hospitality, Retail, Museum/Gallery, Churches & Cathedrals, Ports & Bridges, External & Public Realm & Swimming pools.
Here is a short list of projects which we have been involved with down through the years.
- 1. Apple Computers Cork
- 2. OPW Head Offices Trim Co. Meath
- 3. Government Pensions Offices Sligo
- 4. Government Offices Wexford
- 5. Government Buildings Tralee Co. Kerry
- 6. A.I.B Branches nationwide
- 7. Dublin Zoo
- 8. Fota Wildlife Park
- 9. Wexford Arts Centre
- 10. Collins Barracks Dublin
- 11. Museum of Country Life Castlebar Co. Mayo.
- 12. Ceide Fields Visitor Centre Co. Mayo.
- 13. Ennis Friary Co. Clare
- 14. Ross Castle Co. Kerry
- 15. Henrietta Street Museum Dublin
- 16. Alexion Pharmaceutical Dublin
- 17. Janssen Pharmaceutical Cork
- 18. Takeda Pharmaceutical Dublin
- 19. St Andrews College, Booterstown Co. Dublin.
- 20. Point Village 21. Gorey Park Co. Wexford
- 22. Ebrington Barracks, Derry
- 23. Clancy Quay Dublin
- 24. Letterkenny Swimming Pool
- 25. St Mary’s Church Nenagh Co. Tipperary
- 26. Ballybunion Church, Co. Kerry
- 27. Ballygunnar Church, Waterford
- 28. Millstreet Church, Co. Cork
- 29. Longwood Church Co. Meath
- 30. Killyon Church Co. Meath
- 31. Boyerstown Church Co. Meath
- 32. Beaumont Church Dublin
- 33. Naas Racecourse Pavilion
- 34. Dunbrody Famine Ship Experience
- 35. Masonic Lodge Dublin
- 36. Georges Court Offices Dublin
- 37. Mespil Road Offices Dublin
- 38. UCD Global International
- 39. Vevay House Bray Co. Wicklow
- 40. Theatre Royal Waterford
- 41. Butlers Chocolate HQ
- 42. Butlers Chocolate cafes Dublin, Cork, Galway, Limerick, Dubai, Dammam Lahore, Wellington & Aukland NZ
- 43. Insomnia Cafes
- 44. Fields Jewellers
- 45. P. Fitzpatrick Shoes
- 46. Ecco Shoes
- 47. Tilestyle Dublin
- 48. Pink Spa Dundrum Shopping Centre Dublin
- 49. Lidl HQ Tallght, Dublin
- 50. Rehab Group Offices HQ, Parkwest
- 51. Rehab Group, Park House Stillorgan, Navan, Larissa Sligo
- 52. DCC Libraries: Kevin Street, Ballyfermot, Pembroke, Rathmines,
- 53. Dublin Port.
- 54. Spencer Place Dublin.